Although air travel is risky for people with certain medical conditions, a few good practices will make your flight safer:
- Book an aisle seat on the plane, not a window seat. It will be easier to move.
- Do not rush to fly by plane. Haste and nervousness can worsen the tolerance of this form of travel.
- Tense and relax your leg muscles as you travel . If you can, take breaks to move your body every hour on the plane.
- You can do a gentle massage of the legs from the bottom up - from the ankles to the thighs.
- Stay hydrated , drink at least 2 liters of fluids on the go. The air in the plane is dry and favors the stagnation of blood in deep veins.
- Avoid drinking alcohol during and before the flight - alcohol acts as a diuretic, and thus increases the viscosity of the blood, promotes the loss of magnesium and potassium, and as a result also muscle cramps.
- Wear comfortable and loose clothing. Do not wear tight things that will impede blood flow.
- Preventively use compression stockings from medical stores.
- Avoid crossing your legs.
- Ask your doctor about acetylsalicylic acid (aspirin) or low molecular weight heparin before traveling. These drugs have an anticoagulant effect. Especially useful when the plane journey exceeds 5 hours.
- Avoid traveling alone .
- If you are taking medications for a chronic disease , pack them in your hand luggage.
“Dlaczego Ciągle Masz Zimne Dłonie? Być Może Cierpisz Na Którąś Z Tych Dolegliwości.” Dlaczego Ciągle Masz Zimne Dłonie? Być Może Cierpisz Na Którąś Z Tych Dolegliwości - PoradnikZdrowie.pl, 2 Dec. 2022, www.poradnikzdrowie.pl/zdrowie/kardiologia/dlaczego-ciagle-masz-zimne-dlonie-byc-moze-cierpisz-na-ktoras-z-tych-dolegliwosci-aa-qC4t-EJKy-pr7t.html.