Germany does not have a specific digital nomad visa. However, you can apply for a freelancer visa (Freiberufler), which allows you to work remotely for German clients.
To be eligible for a freelancer visa, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be a citizen of a country that is not a member of the European Union (EU) or the European Economic Area (EEA).
- You must have a valid passport.
- You must have a job that you can do remotely.
- You must have sufficient funds to support yourself while living in Germany.
- You must have health insurance that is valid in Germany.
Once you have met the requirements, you can apply for a freelancer visa at the German embassy or consulate in your home country. The application process can take several months, so it is important to start the process early.
If your application is approved, you will be granted a freelancer visa that is valid for one year. You can renew your visa for up to three years.
Here are some of the benefits of having a freelancer visa in Germany:
- You can live and work in Germany for an extended period of time.
- You can experience German culture and meet new people.
- You can save money on accommodation and living expenses.
- You can have a more flexible work-life balance.
If you are considering becoming a digital nomad, a freelancer visa in Germany can be a great way to make your dream a reality.
Here are some of the documents you will need to apply for a freelancer visa in Germany:
- A completed visa application form.
- A valid passport.
- A recent passport-sized photograph.
- Proof of your job, such as a contract or letter from your employer.
- Proof of sufficient funds to support yourself while living in Germany, such as bank statements or a letter from your bank.
- Proof of health insurance that is valid in Germany.
- A motivation letter explaining why you want to live and work in Germany.
You can find more information about the freelancer visa on the website of the German Federal Foreign Office.