Portugal does not have a specific digital nomad visa, but you can apply for the Portugal D7 visa. The D7 visa is a residency visa that is designed for people who want to live in Portugal and work remotely.
To be eligible for the D7 visa, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be a citizen of a country that is not a member of the European Union (EU) or the European Economic Area (EEA).
- You must have a valid passport.
- You must have a job that you can do remotely.
- You must have sufficient funds to support yourself while living in Portugal.
- You must have health insurance that is valid in Portugal.
In addition to these requirements, you must also prove that you have been living outside of Portugal for at least six months prior to applying for the visa.
Once you have met the requirements, you can apply for the D7 visa at the Portuguese embassy or consulate in your home country. The application process can take several months, so it is important to start the process early.
If your application is approved, you will be granted a D7 visa that is valid for one year. You can renew your visa for up to five years.
Here are some of the benefits of having a D7 visa in Portugal:
- You can live and work in Portugal for an extended period of time.
- You can experience Portuguese culture and meet new people.
- You can save money on accommodation and living expenses.
- You can have a more flexible work-life balance.
If you are considering becoming a digital nomad, a D7 visa in Portugal can be a great way to make your dream a reality.
Here are some of the documents you will need to apply for a D7 visa in Portugal:
- A completed visa application form.
- A valid passport.
- A recent passport-sized photograph.
- Proof of your job, such as a contract or letter from your employer.
- Proof of sufficient funds to support yourself while living in Portugal, such as bank statements or a letter from your bank.
- Proof of health insurance that is valid in Portugal.
- A motivation letter explaining why you want to live and work in Portugal.
You can find more information about the D7 visa on the website of the Portuguese Immigration and Borders Service.